Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Little Rearranging

Yesterday, I woke up feeling quite good and had the desire to rearrange our master.  Something I haven't felt good enough to do in a long time.  I originally thought that I wouldn't be able to do it all by myself (always concerned with a fast heart rate) so I had asked my sweet husband when he got home if he'd help.  His response was usual, he always says yes but I could hear unhappiness in his voice, lol.  He's been so good to me since all of these health issues started.

I will share a bit of my progress.  I had had enough of not feeling good so I had been researching vitamin deficiencies and their symptoms.  I went in to my Dr and asked for blood work checking for whatever might be causing the problems.   Not to my surprise, I was very low with Vitamin D and borderline with my B-12.  Ordered to take 50,000 units a week of the D, I began 2 weeks ago.  Again, I did some more research and found that everyone of my symptoms were all linked up with low vitamin D.  Can you believe it?  Not once had my vitamin levels been checked other than calcium from another DR over a year ago.  Let me name what my symptoms were and still are but subsiding each day.  Heart palpitations, fast heart rate, high blood pressure, ocular migraines (eye problems), tingling in my left leg and arm, severe leg pain, headaches, pain in my right side (I've had so many testes checking for gall bladder, appendix, liver, kidneys, pancreas, and bladder problems), insomnia ( I would wake up after an hour of sleep and couldn't go back to sleep), nightmares (even went to a sleep clinic), hair falling out(that goes with my thyroid issues so I didn't think too much about that), indigestion, beau's lines on my fingernails, kidney stones, and issues with what I thought was menopause.   I've had so much testing and everything always came back fine other than having sinus tachycardia and was medicated for that. I've been on a low sodium diet for one year trying to lower my BP and lost weight too!  But I still felt horrible almost everyday.  I think it's awful funny that vitamin D is actually linked up to everyone of these symptoms!  Not just 2 or 3...but all of them!  I am hoping that this has been the problem and by taking a replacement for it will make me feel lot's better.  So far, so good!  I even had to take xanax to just make it through the day because my heart would speed up and then panic would set in on top of that making it worse.  Now, I take nothing for that because I don't have that problem anymore.  I will say this....I have prayed and prayed for God to give me an answer, to lead me to what is the problem.  I know He has been with me all this time, helping me to get through each day.  It's by His grace and love that I've made it this far!  I thank Him for loving me and protecting me every step of this long road I've been on.  He knows I HATE taking anything, including Advil!   So there is my progress...please keep me in your prayers.  I just want to be able to enjoy my time with my family,  my home and I want to be able to go to church without feeling bad.  I am hoping that this is the answer!

Now, as for yesterday....I did all of the rearranging by myself!  I even moved the big armoire on my own, and Louis was even underneath it batting at my feet as I pushed!  Now, that was an accomplishment!  The hubby was so pleased to be able to come home and relax, lol.  God knows I love him dearly!

Here's a glimpse of what it used to look like before we made the canopy and added the columns.


After...


Before...


After...


I moved the sofa to the long wall and then put the chaise to the right of the sofa.


Now, I'll be all nice and warm with the fire this Winter.


This sucker is heavy!  But I got it moved with sliders (best things invented) to this corner.  And thankfully, I had room for all of my furniture!

I even moved the things on the wall around.  However, I had lots of patching holes.


I love this grouping...perfect for this long wall where the armoire used to be.


We only have one window, but as you can see, it let's plenty of light in especially on a cloudy day like today.


I love our space!


I even did some sewing.  I made a table cover for the round end table.


And I thought I would put some curtains up to cozy it up a bit for Winter.  I had these shower curtains that i wasn't using but were too short to hang here.  So...I added some fabric to the top and a ruffle.  I love them!


Keeping them open mostly, but having an option to close them is really nice!  Like when the office area is a mess....


 I've used lot's of fabric to divide sections off in the open floor plan.  It's a lot cheaper and easier than trying to build walls or doors.


I moved the settee back to the foot of the bed.  I have to say...the cozy factor is coming along nicely. 


 I love spending time down here and so does Louis!


I hope you all are having a blessed week....and thank you for letting me share my life with yours!






6 comments:

  1. how absolutely enchanting, and cozy cozy cozy! nothing like fabrics to make everything feel warm and fuzzy. you did a marvellous job. I'm glad you found out about Vit.D! Please do let us know if that is helping you....so much suffering over nutritional deficiency. This is why I love the sun and don't wear sunscreen, they can lead to this kind of thing. blessings, lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful and cozy. Glad that you found out what was wrong. My Dr. always checks my Vit D and she has me on Bioten which is a vit B - strong and that has really helped also. Glad that you are feeling somewhat better. Hang in there.
    Have a terrific weekend and hoping you have lots of energy.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie,
    It all looks so pretty. You did a great job. So happy you found out what was causing you all the symptoms. Hope taking the Vit. D will help you.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful Melanie. I can relate to finally feeling well again. 2 years ago in had quite the year. B12 shots, mega doses of D ... plasma transfusions... iron infusions.... Hair loss, fatigue, listlessness... BUT now I feel wonderful!
    Glad you were able to move things around. My Mr. says I do it often to prove I now can. :)
    Happy weekend.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casa tua è una meraviglia!Una favola!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so adore your house and how you make it look,it´s so beautiful.I have been following your blog since a long time already and because of people like you I finally made my own blog.Thank you so much for all the inspiration <3.Maybe you want to visit me....
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie