Monday, May 16, 2016

A Little Ladder and Some Flowers

I'm all for adding charm but it has to function and have a purpose in our home.  Space is not meant to be taken up by clutter in my book.  

Our counters and cabinets were raised from the typical height when the house was built.  I usually have to drag a chair over or a stool from the hall or have my oldest daughter  come and get it for me.   

So when I came across a little step ladder for sale at a thrift shop, I knew I could use it somewhere.  My first thought was add some charm to the deck and use it for flowers.  How quickly my mind changed that evening when I had to grab a dish and needed help.


I had brought it in and sat it by the refrigerator....and I thought how it fit perfectly there.  Immediately I knew I was going to paint it pink!


A pale pink that matches my walls.  I love how it turned out!


I have no clue how old it is but it has been gently used.  To be from a thrift store, it is definitely solid and sturdy!


Now, I can grab it pretty easily to finally be able to get what I need from the top shelves.


It fits perfectly in every little corner too!  I couldn't be any happier with how it turned out.   It's really cute and added some much needed function.   



As I was out watering my flowers the other evening, I noticed there were 4 yellow butterflies enjoying them.  I grabbed my camera (because I love to capture God's beauty) and began to snap away!  Isn't God just amazing?  Can you just imagine what Heaven will be like with the beauty we have here, how much more glorious it will be?!


How the sun glistens through the trees as it gently sets in the evenings...it is so relaxing and calm to me.  Like God is saying sweet dreams and goodnight.


And there is something about sitting on a porch swing with a gentle warm breeze blowing during Spring.  I am truly blessed with beauty all around me.  I love it with every season!

No matter what we face in life, if we look, we will find beauty.  Even death has it for those that love the Lord.  What a glorious day that will be when we see Jesus!




7 comments:

  1. The pink ladder is perfect--in looks AND in function. It looks sweet in its stored spot with your treasured piggy. Your flowers on the deck are beautiful, but I think my favorite is the arrangement behind the swing. I love the color combination and how the flowers spill out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink ladder-I am slowly transforming my painted black furniture and painting it white. It looks so bright and cheery, since I live in a log cabin. A real log cabin. so I have wood all around me. Need to brighten things up. May I ask what the name/shade of the pink is and who ? Behr, Glidden, Valspar??? Thank you. I love your blog.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carinissima la tua scaletta dipinta in rosa pallido!Anche a me piace che ogni oggetto deve essere in armonia con il resto della stanza.Anche un oggetto utile deve essere decorativo!Buona giornata!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I love the color of the ladder, absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely darling! Perfect accessory for your kitchen. Your flowers are just lovely too. Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie, I absolutely adore your home. It is full of light and love. Thank you for your inspiration. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little ladder is gorgeous especially now since you've painted it and yes so practical too...this was my first visit today and l've loved having a look through some of your older posts...your home is stunning. l absolutely adored the dress you made from "scraps" and the huge window you put up in your living room looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie