Sunday, May 4, 2014

Adding the Peak

It's a miracle....the hubby felt good enough today to add the peak to the entrance to the deck!
Tee Hee Hee Hee

He really does love me because he hates doing my "honey do's" because my list never has an ending.

But here is an update...doesn't it look perfect?


Something as simple as two boards made such a HUGE difference!  I feel like I am in a fairy tale with how this is all turning out....
as I said, my list just keeps growing.  I want to add a tree to the left of the little porch like the one on the right and then add some mulch all around the pavers.  Also, I want to add a pretty post to the end of the picket at the end of the porch to cap it off...maybe a little hand rail too.  I have the grill sitting down here which gave me so much more room for the table and chairs.


I made the screen to hide the grill from the front of the house.  Why are grills so ugly?  Even the stainless ones are ugly to me...even built in ones.  But that's just me...so for now, at least it's in a spot that if the hubby spatters grease, it won't make any difference and we won't have to pull it out so we won't melt the siding.



I had these little hooks stored away and thought one of them would look pretty on the gate with this little bucket.  For now, I have fake flowers in it until I can get to our Farmers Market for more fresh flowers.  I can't wait...Mother's Day can't get here soon enough!  That's going to be my present from the girls and my sweetie.


For now, these will do.


It is a simple touch that adds some charm, don't ya think?


I sure do wish these petunias would get bigger.  I'm still loving the fencing though!


Look who photo bombed my picture....can you spot him?  He's such a stinker!


So there ya have it...the peak has made such a huge difference in breaking up all of the straight lines!  My little paradise is coming along nicely!


9 comments:

  1. wow-love the peak! Really does finish the whole porch off. You have done an amazing job. Glad your hubby is feeling better. Look forward to your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how two little pieces of wood made such a difference! The peak highlights that beautiful scrollwork, and the pickets are the perfect touch to the deck. I can't wait to experience it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the peak Melanie. Everything looks so pretty. Great job. Glad the hubby is feeling better.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing idea! i love the peak
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your deck has turned out very nice. Love the picket fence and the metal bucket definitely adds charm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie,
    Your deck looks so dreamy. What a lovely space to sit and relax. Love all the details you have put into it. It looks beautiful.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Melanie! What a perfect spot to sit and dream.....<3
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie