Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Surfboard is Finished!

I am finally happy and content...I told you all it would take me a little while to just sit and let it sink in.  It came to me while doing laundry today...add the green to the trees!!!  Then it just went from there...


I'm kinda proud of this...the hot pink stripe made it stand out better,  but not too much.


See...it blends in but stands out at the same time. Sorry about the lighting...it's a little dreary here today.


And I changed those pictures back to this.  I have always loved this grouping...it goes so well with the shelf, don't ya think?


I brought this blue and white polka dot pitcher up from our bedroom and the white wicker basket...perfect.  It's the little details for me...


See how much better that looks?  And I swapped out the fishy's and the sign...much better!


Added a little hot pink to the coral and now I'm all finished.  I can finally put my paints up!

I planned on taking it easy today, but ya'll know me....it's just not in my blood!

8 comments:

  1. If that is not the cutest idea, I don't know what is!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just darling and I know your sweet girls just loves it! I am so happy to see you sharing your beautiful place here with us- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie,
    Ohhhhhhh I love the room. The surf board adorable. I bet Hannah really loves it in there now. How cute it reflects beach but you can stay with your shabby chic too. I love this.
    I am just about ready to reveal my guest room make over. I just have a few things left to do in that room. Hope you had a great week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sweetie !!
    BEACH, SURFIN', SUMMER FOREVER PERFECTION !!! You nailed it !!! Such a talented, sweet one you are xo
    Sending love ~Tanza~

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room is just adorable! It is the perfect shabby chic beach style!
    Great job!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shabby Chic Beachy! So pretty! I hope your husband truly appreciates how much you save him in interior decorating fees, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie