Sunday, June 30, 2013

What a week!

This past week was one that almost made me lose my mind!
It all started off with my husband trying to scare Sara in the shower.  Needless to say, she fell and wiped out the plumbing!  Not a good day to be Mike in this house, lol.

We spent days trying to take out the old and find new that would work with the existing plumbing.  Not an easy task, but we did it all by ourselves.   Mike hates plumbing, but like everything else, he's the best at it!
I wish I had taken photos of us working on the shower, you would have gotten a good laugh!

I had so much running to do, Sara had work, trying to keep everyone fed in between all of the running and working was definitely a chore.  Especially having to go to the store for food!


After we got the shower fixed, I was so stressed and needed to unwind.


So.... my trusty sewing machine became my old friend that I went to unload to.  It always calms me right down.  


I had these two lamps with shades that needed a little pizaazz...so I made the slipcovers for them.  I love them so much better!


Then I finished up on this beautiful shower curtain I made for a sweet lady.  She wanted a whole set so I designed this to go with a tank and seat cover I made.


Of course the tank cover was made to fit hers, not mine.  Mine is way too small for this to look good.


In the mean time I had gotten the pleasure of doing Sara's hair.  She had been wanting to go dark for some time and during a trip to Wally World, we decided to just go for it.  Isn't she just beautiful?!  I love dark hair!


And of course I had mine done too, but not by me.  I was beginning to wear my hair in a ponytail everyday, so I needed it trimmed and had a few lo lights added.  I love our hairdresser...good thing she's our cousin!


On most of these days, I would have liked to have been doing what Wilbur and Oliver were doing...taking it easy and napping.  They are just the sweetest guys aren't they?  They help me feel better too!


But sadly, I have to keep working at something.  One of my big downfalls...always feeling the need to stay busy!


Trying to advertise things that I've made to sell is always a task.  Hours of sitting at the computer is not my idea of staying busy!  

I sure hope this coming week will not be a repeat of last..but it's looking like it just might be.....

6 comments:

  1. Dear Melanie,
    oh I love your ruffles!!! The shower curtain is adorable!!
    Greetings from Germany,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,
    Wow you had a rough week. I hope the start of this week will be better. It is always something!!!!! The shower curtain you made and tank set are so sweet and pretty. Wow love all the ruffles. Oh how I wish I could sew. You inspire me with your talent. Here's wishing you a better week.
    Kris
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like quite a week at your house. I have the same thing- I feel guilty if I am not doing something. If I sit-=I blog because I need to stay busy...lol. I even feel guilty sitting to read because I feel like I should be doing something. That shower curtain is beautiful. I haven't seen toilet seat covers in a while-but the ruffled set is very pretty. Sara's hair (and yours, too) looks great. I am off to get my own cut and colored tomorrow before the Bad Hair Police pick me up! Hope you have a better week and glad you can shower again! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a 'doll' Melanie, and a sweetheart to boot! I've always loathed practical jokes because of exactly what happened to y'all!
    Bless Mike's heart, I bet he's paid dearly for it though! Lol! That tank lid cover and commode lid cover and shower curtain are divine!
    I think the lady getting them is blessed beyond words, because she not only will receive some divine 'perdies,' but she feels like she's
    made a new friend for life (if she hasn't driven you bonkers in the meantime!) Lol! I hope your week gets better each and every day! It
    should without that lady that's gettin' all of those divine 'perdies' botherin' you, lol, and no more practical jokes, 'cause if I'm right I think
    this fiasco may have cured Mr. Mike from anymore of them! Lol! And your Daughter(s) is/are GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE Sara's hair that
    color, it bring out her gorgeous eyes! I bet y'all have to 'sweep' boys off the porch pretty regularly!!! Lol!!! Of course they both get their
    beauty from their bea-u-ti-ful Mom, right ...... so right!!!!! :) And you know I LOVE your Wilbur and Oliver, so precious they are! Have
    a blessed and wonderful rest of your week, sweetie!!! Judy aka JudyBug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanza sent me over ... you r creations are fabulous Melanie. Wish I had known about you bef I bought MY shower curtain, it is super! You two look darling in your 'do's'. I'm following you ...
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that Sara didn't get hurt! Sounds like you have had a crazy week. Love your sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie