Sunday, April 22, 2012


I thought that I would share my recipe for meatballs.  I don't consider myself a master chef, but my family thinks I am, lol!

Here are the ingredients....

Two large packages of burger(you can use turkey too)

Two cans of Hunts for Meatloaf

1 greenpepper diced

Half  of a yellow pepper diced

2 cups of cooked rice( I use whole wheat)

2 eggs

A sprinkle of onion powder( I don't like to cut up onions)

                    



Then mix all ingredients together.
I use my hands and let me tell ya, it's a little messy.

After mixing, make into balls(it's kinda hard because thet are so mushy) and put into a glass baking dish.


You can make them as big or as little that you want.


I usually get a dish and a half with just a little left over.

That's where I get creative.  Sometimes I put it into a loaf pan or like tonight, I made it into something like sloppy joes.

I put the traditional ketchup on top.  It keeps them from drying out on top.


Bake at 350 for about an hour...give or take a little.  You definitely want to get them done. 
I have a gas stove and gas tends to take a little longer than electric.
At least it does for me.





This is a wondeful meal.  I like to make mashed potatoes and some sort of green vegetable with them.

This recipe is great for stuffing peppers too!

Well, I gotta go....

Time to eat!

Enjoy




7 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds sooooooooo good. I will definitely have to give this a try. Great recipe. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it from one who has eaten it: it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recipe is easy and looks delicious. Its my kind of food! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would think he had gone to heaven if I made these. I have never heard of Hunts for meatloaf! I am going to look if we have that here. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try this. Can I use plain white rice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- That looks good. Do you know I never knew Hunts MADE that product? Chheezz...I will look for it now. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie