Sunday, April 8, 2012

~Hannah's new room~

Hannah and I finally agree'd on a paint color for her walls and bedding after two years of undecidedness....I never thought that we would , or should I say, "I" would get it done.  She has asked me on numerous occassions throughout those two years when I was going to do her room.  Endless nights on the internet searching for that perfect fabric with the right shade of blue and without the pink being the main color seemed to never come to a decision that we both seemed to agree on.  But after a shopping trip for an Easter dress for my oldest, I found it!  I know it had to be meant for us to go into this store that we usually never go into!  As I was waiting on Sara to try on her dress....I spotted it!  I can almost swear that there was a ray of light shining down on it, and I don't swear! lol  I bought a throw pillow to take home and talk over with Hannah.  She loved it, so then the next day we were off to purchase the set and get the paint for her walls....this was just the beginning of the four days that I worked on it.  Hope you like it as much as we do!  here are some photo's of the before....





This room has gone under many little transformations since she moved into here.  I've changed the carpet from blue to white, from one twin bed to two, then a to full bed, bought a new bed and as you might be able to tell, I move the furniture around quite a bit.  But now....her room is just perfect!







She absolutely loves it!  And I must say I do to!  She has the first room in the whole house that is white....hmm...may be doing some more in the future.  But not the near future....I'm tired!  I cut the twin comforter in half(using the other half for some sewing projects in here later) and used part of the dust ruffle to cover the cornices.


The little door knob shelf above the closet was given to me by a dear friend that was done up in the primitive look.  It got a makeover and so did my head as I was hanging it.  I have a knot the size of a quarter!



I used the flat sheet that came with the set for making a skirt for the top of the plywood shelf on Hannah's keyboard.  I hated that little black metal stand...now it looks so much better!  Plus she can hide her junk under the skirt!!!  I also painted the little heart plates, the mattes on her pictures and made the ones beside her bed from some extra bedding. 


She shares the love for the Beatles with her big sis so I had to give her a little space for this huge poster. I found an old frame, painted it and then put in the poster. I used an old picture that Mom was selling in our garage sale and made the board above it for all the little pictures that she had previously taped to the wall(something that drives me nuts).


The shelf was a facebook yardsale find that I originally thought about doing a conopy with over Hannah's bed...but the sucker is a little heavy.  I worried about if possibly falling on her poor little head.  My bestest friend gave me the plate years ago and I found the pitcher at a flea market.  The frame came from a junk store and I added the beadboard for a back.  Everything has been painted, I'm sure that comes to no surprise.  I said when I die, just creamate me and add me to some paint, then use me on something, lol!


I painted the lamp and recovered the lampshade with some tulle.  I just love  the blue with the white...it's so peaceful!


The little dress came from a doll, isn't it just the prettiest?!  The screen got some new paint and a glass knob added.  It gives the corner some height since the chair is so dainty.












A free printable that was the perfect shade.  I just switched out the print.  Love it!




I love how these little pictures came out with the mattes painted blue and added fabric. 


And this was all done for guess who.....I love my girls!

And one added note....
I spilled less than a half a gallon of paint on her carpet!
The family all came together quite nicely and we got it out, thank the good Lord!

















20 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful room makeover :) It was beautiful before, but with the walls now painted white, it makes the room appear so much lighter ~ amazing what a little paint can do, right :) Glad you were able to get the paint out of the carpet ~ we are in the process of giving our main bathroom a makeover, so before removing the old tiles and putting in the new ones, I first painted the walls and beadboard, and yup, got paint splotches all over the tiles, lol :) We will hopefully be putting in the new tiles this coming weekend...can't wait!!

    Happy Easter :) Warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah's room looks lovely. I love how soft and light it is in there. I'll bet she just loves it now. Good things are worth waiting for, aren' they? Blessings to you this Easter Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet bedroom for your daughter. She must feel like a princess in it Melanie ! You have created something very special. I love it all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job, Melanie! It's funny how it looks bigger, too, and it's not like the before color was dark. This lighter look is my current favorite after having a lot of color in my home for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was pretty before Mel, but wow. The white walls made a huge difference. It's still sweet & pretty, but a little more grown up. Love it. You have the shabby touch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the before looked pretty, but then you just blew me away with the new look! LOL

    I love it! What a gorgeous room! It looks like Hannah is one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Love that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be the first to admit that I was hesitant about the white walls when you first mentioned it, but the result blows me away! And I must admit that I'm so happy that Hannah is turning into a blue lover, too--blue and white is my absolute favorite color scheme. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This room is so beautiful! I love it. I generally love everything white except the walls but this looks so pretty I may have to rethink that. I am so excited to see you posting--I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the before, but the after is so serene and gorgeous! Hannah is one blessed young lady!

    You did an amazing job. Every little detail is lovely!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Melanie. You did an amazing job, and all your hard work paid off. You and Hannah must be soooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have absolutely loved a room like that growing up ... Hannah's one lucky little lady! Everything is beautiful (not that I expected anything less) I love it ... thanks for sharing (the shelf is lovely too!) ... what's next my friend? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous! Amazing transformation, and yes I love WHITE! So crisp and clean! Love the accents, every little thing about this room is awesome! Stopping over from Debbiedoo's shout out on FB! So happy I did- new follower because your blog is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heck, I thought it was beautiful before! And, this time is no different!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Melanie,
    You did a wonderful job on Hannah's room...it is beautiful! I wish you would come and redecorate my bedroom :)! Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit!

    Shannon
    Shabby Shan's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Melanie,

    Hannah's new room is beautiful! I'd love to move right in. Thanks for stopping by my place.

    Have a great weekend,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty Melanie and Hannah! The bed looks so inviting! It looks like the white duvet is the same as my new one! The skirt at the base of the keyboard looks great- It is hard to fit in these modern items sometimes! Looks like a very sweet make-over for a young lady! Glad you guys finally came up with something you agreed on! Boy wouldn't you suffer if she wanted yellow and orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Melanie, a perfect name for all the kindness you show us.
    I'm in love with the bright colors used and all this gave me the courage to completely change my room.
    These inspirations came from his country, arrived here in Brazil and is making a huge difference.
    Beautiful images.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it love it. It is amazing where did you get the bedding the floral as well as the white. And where will you have your shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie