Friday, May 8, 2020

Dyeing Silk Flowers

Dyeing flowers when all of the craft stores are closed when you don't have pink flowers...now that's creative, lol!  It's also called desperate!



I recently painted one of our guest bedrooms a pale green.  I didn't have enough touches of pink and wanted more, so this is what I did on a Thursday evening.

I had some cheap white silk roses, way more than I wanted, really.  So I took my Rit dye and dipped them into a bowl of the mixture.  Simply hot water and Rit dye.  Then I let them dry upside down with a fan blowing on them while on an old towel.

They turned out the prettiest shade of pink!


I already had the Peony.  The roses match it perfectly!


I love how they look up against the pale green walls.



A cheap and inexpensive way to add color is through flowers.  


I used a paint brush dipped into the dye for the flowers on this wreath.  They were white paper roses that had seen better days.  Instead of throwing it out, I decided to try the dye on them.  My youngest daughter was with me while doing all of this and she fell in love with how this wreath turned out.  I have to say I agree!  


Now my heart feels at ease with the fresh touches of pink.  I hope this may give some of you all ideas on how to change things up a bit without breaking the bank.

And I hope all of you are doing ok with this quarantine junk.  I'm naturally a homebody, so I'm doing great.  

Have a blessed weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Came across your wonderful Blog through another one..Wow..Your home is awesome and beautiful. The flowers are great and your sewing expertise..wonderful..Love it all. Thank you for sharing..it sure is lovely. Prayers for our World for the Pandemic to end..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is amazing. Tnhey turned out beautifully, Melanie. The perfect tint of pink!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite color combination is pink and green, with lots of white. You have a beautiful home and such a talent for making everything look cozy. Thank you for sharing your piece of God's bounty with us. Blessings sweet Melanie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie