Friday, February 7, 2020

A Little Valentine's and an Anniversary

Well would you lookey there...we just celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary!  


It's definitely a proud moment that we've made it this far in life together....and still in love.  Even more in love now!
We spent our anniversary weekend dancing.  Let me tell ya, this ole gal was tired when Sunday came around, lol.  But we had a blast together celebrating!

Love was definitely in the air so I did a little Valentine's decorating with some hearts I found packed away while putting up the Christmas decor.  Yes, I recently just took everything down in our home, but the stuff is still up outside, lol.  


That's ok though, I'm in no hurry since we've been getting rain and snow.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying how lovey dovey everything feels inside.


This cabinet was originally a wine rack.  Personally, I don't keep wine long enough to store it, hehe, so I took the rack out and added an old window to the back.  I added some bright pink foam hearts from Dollar Tree that I had  packed away.  They're a little too pink for me, but hey, they're a perfect addition for that special day.


My daughters got me the green vine and I've had a ball putting it in so many different places.  It added some color after taking the Christmas trees down....everything looked so blah.


This heart wreath is an oldie but goody.  It usually adorns the front door, but like I said, I still have my Christmas decorations up outside.  I'm kinda thinking this wreath may end up staying here though, wink wink.


See the pine wreath on the front door?  I have some red hearts adorning it.  Anyways, the pink felt heart is another I had packed away.  I think I bought it from Michael's years ago.  I use fishing line to hang things up on the mirrors a lot.  That way you don't see it and it's heavy duty enough to handle some weight if need be.


The Christmas tree was where this white chair now is.  It's so hard making things feel cozy when it's first gone.  But I do love the feeling of spring when I put out all of the other decorations.


I had pine garland that I had made, hanging on the tops of the windows.  When I took it down, it was all way to bland so I hung some of the green vine in it's place.


It's not too bad, I managed to make things look pretty.


See that little block of wood that says "Home is where Mom is"?  That was a Christmas present from my girls and it caused quite  a few tears....sniff sniff.  Little white paper hearts on the window panes are just enough to make you think about love.


The island got a few hearts I had made a looooong time ago.  I had so much fun making them. 


Here's some more that I made into garland and hung on the mantle mirror.  Little pink glitter hearts are everywhere!


Just little touches add that charm as a reminder of sweet love.  


I had just enough to add to all of the floral arrangements.


See the twinkly lights?  I couldn't get rid of them all....


This sweet wreath was another present from my girls.  I had it on my wish list on amazon...I think I'm going to have to order another one because it's so daggone cute!  


And one last heart to brighten up this sweet room.  I love hanging out in this space...it's so cozy and it's nice to watch the birdies from.
  

It's just a nice cozy room!


As I took photos today, with the gorgeous snow making everything nice and bright, I thought to myself how very blessed I am.  God has really blessed me with a great life.  Oh there has been whoppers of crazy stuff that I've had to endure, but they've all made me appreciate every ounce of  good!  The love I feel every day of my life from the people in it, the contentment I have, and just waking up every day and getting to enjoy what the day has to offer.....it's all enough to make me tear up.  Well, it actually makes me cry because I honestly count my blessings on how good I have it.  It may all end tomorrow, but today, I have it all!  

God is who we all need in our lives to make it a great one.  Any day without Him, is just, well, a ho hum day.  I'm by no means perfect....but I know without a doubt WHO is in charge.  The GRACE He gave me is enough to make me want to go on even when I fail. 

Happy Valentine's day to you all!  If you have a honey, enjoy them.  If you're single or alone, talk to God.  Put on some music, do some dancing, have a glass of wine, love on your pets, take some time out to enjoy life! It'll all be over one day....enjoy it while you can.


5 comments:

  1. Melanie, you have made your home so warm and cozy! Beautifully decorated! Our 33rd wedding is in June!❤️ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!πŸŽ‰πŸŒ·πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸΎπŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I actually made a typo...we've been married 29 years but together 33, lol! Congratulations to you...Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

      Delete
  2. Amen! So much truth in this post,Melanie, at the end. We should all be grateful for the blessings we do have instead of complaining about what we don't have.
    Happy Anniversary to you- you are as beautiful today as you were back then-maybe even more beautiful because of the life you have lived and your heart shining through it all.
    Blessings- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought I was maybe too late to comment on your post....but when I came to the end, the full blessing came!
    Your photos with you and your hubby are sweet..Happy belated Anniversary, and Valentines Day.
    Your pics of your home are delightful! every single one! I like that you enjoy your home so much, and you take pride in what you do.
    Lastly, your witness warmed my very soul. Without God, it's all meaningless. Thank you for being bold in Christ, Melanie....xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magazine worthy home you have. I adore your slip covers for the backs of your chairs. Sweet vibe you have created in your little nest. I am a sister in the Lord and look forward to sifting through your blog. Not sure how I have missed it all this time. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie