Sunday, October 9, 2016

Christmas is On My Mind

I seem to be passing Halloween and Thanksgiving by this year....I've never really been into Halloween other when the girls were little.  I love Thanksgiving but not the fall colors for decorating.  So, that's why Christmas is on my mind.

Crafting tends to get in my blood around this time, I think it may be a nesting type of thing we women have.  

A few years ago, I made snowmen ornaments from light bulbs.  I love making and selling them for some extra Christmas cash for gifts.  Mom always made things to sell, so I guess I'm following in her footsteps.

This year, Santa has arrived to join the snowmen!


Shabby pastels make these unique to me since primitives are the popular thing in my neck of the woods.  I'm an oddball....


Just a few that have come to life so far.


Photos do not do this blue justice!  It has a hint of aqua but is the softest pale blue that fits into any shabby style.


I'm like that dog though...you know, that spots the squirrel while playing ball? My mind races with ideas and my hands can't move fast enough!

I love making stockings!  This white one is my fave...I bet you are shocked, lol!


I'm kind of digging this one in the natural with the little Santa that matches.  I thought this would make a great  co-worker or a last minute gift.


The little details are what catch my eye...like the buttons, gimp and Santa's beard.

My kitchen looks like someone let off a bomb of craft supplies.  Light bulbs hanging from the knobs on the cabinets, hot glue strings everywhere, fabric and thread all over the floor...oh, and dirty dishes!  Did I mention the house work gets skipped by when I'm in this mode?  


I found this lamp base at Goodwill the other day for $5.  It was black, but I fell in love with it and knew it would be gorgeous painted white!


I needed a little more height from the other lamp I was using, so this one was perfect!

Now I'm off to do some more painting and sewing while I have a chance.  I hope everyone has had a blessed Sunday.  Mine sure has been!


8 comments:

  1. You're in your own little world when you're creating. Everything is simply beautiful. It must be contagious--my mind is starting to think about Christmas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is simply beautiful...love your oddball-ness, lol. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, you are so creative and a very talented artist. Love your light bulb Santa and my favorite is the painters tarp with the little Santa that matches. Do you have a retail shop where you sell these? They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute, Melanie. I did light bulbs one year for gifts, too. Love your Santas!!! The light turned out great painted white. I like to 'nest' this time of year, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love the lamp---turned out gorgeous. After years in the craft/arts business and having to decorate Christmas trees in July----every year, and be puking in red and green by the time our own Christmas rolled around, I can't begin to think about it. But your snowman bulbs are adorable. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crafts are absolutely charming. I love the stockings. The lamp sure turned out well, I don't have the ability to see things before they are painted white. White is my favorite colour.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Melanie 😀 I Love you blogg, but, I dona undertand, were I can "follow yoyr blog"...Hm I have nerver follow blogspot in my mobil... ( Sorry,my English is not so god. ...
    Really Love you blog,and painting and sewing,and make my tings new,with sewing and painting is så Nice and funny. Hugs and tank you for all inspiration ❤ Fiddeli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie