Thursday, September 26, 2013

Adding Touches of Blue

Years ago, I bought these pillow shams to put over my sofa pillows that came with my sofa.  All to make them more shabby.
I loved the little touches of blue in them and have wanted to add this beautiful color for such a long time now.


I found the Bella Rose Blue fabric a long time ago too, but didn't want to spend the money at the time.  I ran across it on ebay one night and thought "what the heck"...so I ordered 2 yards and then 2 more.  This is what I've made with 2 yards so far...still waiting on the other 2.


Two of these pillows....


One of these...


Two arm chair covers...


One placemat....


A table runner...


And just enough to make this last pillow....

Now, here are the finishing touches....


I added ruffles to the new seat and back slipcover, to the ottoman and arm covers.  White ribbon was added to the pillow to border the fabric.  
I just love my chair!


I want to make more of the placemats for the kitchen island when the other fabric comes in.  


I love how faint the blue is...but it is hard to photograph perfectly.  It is the most perfect sky blue!


Here it is more in it's natural color...


I am loving the little touches of blue...now I can't wait until I get the rest of my order!

13 comments:

  1. My goodness, that chair with all the ruffles is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, the touches of the blue is so pretty and the chair.... well lets just say I need you to sew for me... it is so beautiful! Your sewing ability is fantastic!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The touches of blue are just perfect!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that fabric and you have made very good use of it! WOW! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last pillow, too. Such a cute use of the last of the fabric. My question: do you start with a pillow foam form or do you make the pillow insides too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your shabby chic pillows. You got a lot of mileage out of that fabric too. I love that chair and ottoman. I do not sew but you have given me an idea to do for ruffles around my chair like that. Thank Melanie for all the inspiration.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I see that fabric the more I want it too :) So the armchair cover is a separate piece? That is so smart. My dogs love to sit on the arm of the chair. I have basically the same chair (mine is from Ikea) and it is my favorite spot in the house too--my chair is not as girly as yours by any means--maybe I need to change that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Sandy! Yes it is a cover....since the slipcover was still in great shape, it made no sense to make a whole new one. That way, if I ever want to go back to my cherry blossom, I can. I did make a new seat and back cushion cover which is way easier than the whole thing.

      Delete
  8. I love your blog and all of your pieces you have made....Beautiful !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I know I say that every time I come, but I just love your home!!

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pillows Melanie! Love those roses!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie