Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring is Here

Hello everyone!  
Life in my neck of the woods has been something!
Between the snow and ice we got 2 weeks ago and health issues, it sure has had my head spinning.

When these health issues pop up, I don't feel like doing squat.  And that always makes me feel worse because I get so much pleasure from creating or decorating.  But thankfully I have a great family that makes me laugh and to feel better by just being with me.  I am so blessed and God keeps reminding me of that when things like these happen.


So I am here to say that Spring is FINALLY here!

The weather is starting to get warmer, the birds are chirping and the Spring peepers are making their sweet music that says Spring is here.  So all of that makes me want to make stuff, especially with flowers!


I had this basket that is flat with a flower pick that I bought at Home Goods a long time ago.  It just never made me happy like it did in the store.  So I ripped it apart and redid it completely.  It was originally the natural grapevine color but I painted it white.
Here's a before...after I painted it.


It always hung lopsided.


Now it hangs perfectly!


I've been wanting something different for the front door, so I made this from a planter that I had.  I have a glass storm door so I needed something thin.


It is the perfect width and it gives me that SPRING look that I love!  Plus, it stands out on my black door.


On a recent trip to JoAnns, I found this little Easter tin sign.  I couldn't resist...the colors had me at the front door!


When I hung the sign, I remembered my tree was in storage so I drug it out and set it here.  I love this little tree!


The glitter eggs and colors are what I so love about it!

So see how I am so ready for SPRING?  I love the snow but I love the flowers too....and I am ready to start planting!



7 comments:

  1. Mi piace la tua aria di primavera:dolce e romantica!Baci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the redo on your flat basket...now it is perfect! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melanie love your remake on the basket from Home Goods. So sweet. Hope you are feeling better.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures, combined with today's spring-like weather, are just the tonic I need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your psring touches are so pretty
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the re done basket! So pretty. I don't know if you have been to Target but Shabby Chic has a new Blue spring line that they just put out.... I thought you might like it.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is just gorgeous and so spring-like! I hope it wills the weather to move on out of winter! Hope you're feeing better this week! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie