Sunday, February 2, 2014

Our Wedding, 23 Years Ago

23 years ago, I married the most wonderful man in the whole wide world!  For better or for worse, in sickness in health...that has been us!

Our wedding was very inexpensive but beautiful back then.  
It truly was a wonderful, glorious day!


I absolutely loved my gown, I still do to this day!  The shoes were even lace and I think even back then I had that romantic love in my heart.  I even wore a crown!


The lace, chiffon and satin were perfect together along with all of the seed pearls and sparkles.  Wouldn't it be nice to be that small again?!  Look at how tiny my waist was!!!  Well, many Resee cups later it's not quite like it used to be....


Mammaw was so happy for me and absolutely adored Mike.  She looked radiant that day, and she just glowed with love.


She always stood so tall and had class oozing out of every pore.  How I miss her so!


I have one regret...I really do wish I had my Uncle Jack walk me down the aisle and give me away.  But back then, I was trying to keep peace with my step dad so he was the one that did.


I think Mike was a nervous wreck unlike me...I was so calm that day.  All I wanted was to get to the honey moon!


My sweetheart....his kiss.... that has always melted me to my knees still to today!


He was and has always been a hard worker.  His hands told the tale.  He was a block mason when we were first married.


I bet our Pastor that married us would be so proud that we've made it this far...unlike so many now a days.


My proud but sad Mom...how she missed me when I moved out.  She loves Mike, they have always had such a great relationship.  Something I am so thankful for!


The cake topper was from my Mother's wedding to my Dad.  We re-made it and it was so very special to me.  Even back then I was crafty.


We were both starving!


He had a little mischievous look in his eye...he had orders to not cram cake in my face!


It amazes me to look back and see how different things are done now with decorating receptions.  But even then this was pretty.


He was such a gentleman...


On our way, we were both so excited to be married!


And they drove off into the sunset and lived happily ever after!

Well, almost, lol!


This is our anniversary present to each other.  Isn't it funny how times like these with this water issue that presents take on a totally different meaning?  We are both tickled to death to have this!


6 comments:

  1. You two are so cute. I think the wedding and reception look marvelous. Congrats on your anniversary. I miss my mom too.

    Hugs,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy
    www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Melanie. How cute you two looked and so much in love. What a special day for the two of you and great memories.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Great and lovely memories
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Melanie, how touching and sweet:-) You looked gorgeous. Congratulations to you both!! What a wonderful statement you two make about marriage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just about to go to bed when I saw this. What a beautiful bride you were, Melanie. Just gorgeous. Your gown was beautiful and timeless! I love it. You look like two happy young kids in love and I can tell you still feel the same way. You are one of the VERY lucky ones in this day and age. I love your "shower" and hope that your water issues get straightened out soon. How aggravating! Love to you, sweet Melanie-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet Melanie. Glad you have such lovely memories. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie