Saturday, December 14, 2013

Our Nest at Christmas

This year, I made up my mind to not spend any money on Christmas decorations.  I know so many are having it tight this year along with us.  I really have plenty of decorations to supply to a couple of houses so it made no sense to buy more.  I did however buy 3 ornaments for upstairs.  Not too bad considering Christmas is my weakness...

So, I decided to do almost the same thing as I did last year in our master which I like to refer to as "Our Nest."
A few things are different though, beginning with the stairs...



I added the mason jars over the summer in anticipation for Christmas.  The candles give such a warm welcome as you come down the stairs.


I love the tree here this year with all of the mirrors...the reflections are absolutely beautiful!


I added the skates I made to the landing grouping and really liked them here.


They were so much fun to make!


At the bottom is our bed....I fell in love with this concept last year and HAD to do it again this year.  It is so romantic and dreamy.  Everyone can use a little romance in their bedroom, right?


Our nest is an open concept which I absolutely love!  The Christmas lights give a glow about the whole space when all of the lights are off.  It definitely takes you back in time to a simpler day with warm feelings and cuddling.  


From our bed, we can see the tree.
~LOVE~


So simple but with a HUGE effect!
It's nice laying in bed at night and talking about our day and about our tomorrow.


Just a few touches of pine, pine cones and snowflakes worked in with my normal pretties were just perfect to me.


Close to the bed area is a fireplace that we built years and years ago that made a wall mount gas stove function and look so much better.  


I love decorating the mantel for the holidays, especially Christmas!


Our lounge area is definitely warm and cozy...


The church plaque was a present from Mom a few Christmases ago...she knows how much I love churches.
The family photo is a dear one to me...it shows how my little family has grown.



See how little Hannah was?  And I was as tall as Sara...now she's taller than me!
I love my family...the best presents God ever gave me to take care of!


A simple pine wreath with snowflakes was all that I needed on the wall grate.


I know many love to flock their pine, but I really love the greenness of it especially in the Winter when things are dead and dreary.

My Manger light that Mom bought for me that I painted white.  
How blessed we all are with God's absolutely best present He gave to us all!  My heart fills with emotion and my eyes overflow with tears for this tiny, precious miracle!  
Thank you JESUS!


Our little tree with birdhouses and birds...a simple reminder to take no thought for tomorrow and how God takes care of the little birds...so I know He'll take care of me.


And my families are forever plate....they truly are!


I love my little lighted church...the lights are so pretty with how they change colors.  

Now off to the office area...


I made this star  without measuring and really didn't think too much about the size until I couldn't find a spot for it anywhere, lol.  So it ended up here.  My little doll was a precious gift from Hannah one Christmas...she holds a snowflake and Hannah knows how much her Mama loves snow.


Our tree is white....not loaded down with ornaments but kept it it's simplest form.  I added tulle to soften the branches and lights.


I love how the lights reflect on the glass of the old china cabinet.


I like to hang stockings in places that they normally do not go.  Little touches like this make things seem nicer sometimes...more of a festive feel.


And one of my favorite gifts from my Mom..."The Greatest Gift Of All" plaque.


Isn't it beautiful with all of it's glitter?
I know it's hard to see...but it really twinkles.  Glitter makes everything better!

     

We can see the tree from almost every angle of our nest.


Little wings I made...the perfect touch for our office chair!


Maybe we can pretend we are little angels working away, lol!


Not a lot to adorn the shelves but the smallest of things make the biggest of impacts.  The little angels were a gift from Sara one year.  She said it was her and Hannah.  Now how sweet is that? 
(I think she was about 8 at the time.)  
My two little angels!



I wanted something on the door but not a wreath.  I found my angel that I had painted white last year and added the blue bow and some pine.


Perfect!


This photo was blurry, but I fell in love with it.  Sometimes mistakes can turn out to be the best thing, ya know?


Thank you so much for coming...and I sure hope you enjoyed "Our Nest" as much as we do for Christmas!



18 comments:

  1. Ciao Melania,ho scoperto ieri il tuo blog e non lo lascio più!Hai fatto delle decorazione bellissime romantiche da sogno!E' un piacere visitare la tua casa!Amo ogni tuo angolino!La scelta dei tuoi colori trasmettono pace e serenità!Complimenti!Buona domenica!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Melanie. Wat prachtig allemaal. Ik zou zo wel een avond bij je in huis kunnen zitten om alles te bewonderen. Echt heel erg mooi.
    Lieve groetjes Brie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melanie so much to look at and be inspired by! I love lanterns and such on the stairs. I really love how you styled the garland on your mantle. Amazing also are all the ornaments you found in blues that are perfect. Cozy, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nest is stunning. I love the corner fire place. The screen is so pretty. I like the idea of the garland along your head board too. What a fabulous job you do. You are very inspiring. Your home deserves to be in Romantic Homes or Romantic Country magazine.

    Merry Christmas,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is decorated beautifully! Love your tree in your bedroom,it looks so dreamy!
    Merry Christmas!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Merry Christmas to your & yours my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is like a magical fairyland! All your touches are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie,
    It is all so dreamy and gorgeous. I love it all. Merry Christmas to you and that beautiful family.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely fell in love with your Nest and all the beautiful decorations. You do such a fabulous job. Thank you so much for sharing.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous.....I usually am not into white....but this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would so love to have a magical nest like yours! You have made a white wonderland, so gorgeous!
    Holiday Hugs from your newest follower!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. ere pretty indeed. So nice and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melanie, you know how much I love your home. Its so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh Melanie, your bedroom is an absolute dream world! I love it and you have put so much time, effort and LOVE into it. It totally shows! Thank you for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, i' m a new follower. Your gorgeous home and your decors are a fairy tale
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful! The perfect couple's retreat any time of year! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Melanie, your nest is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie