Sunday, December 8, 2013

I am Smitten with Angel Wings


I had some old fairy wings from when the girls were little.  Sorry, I never remember to take a photo of the before so I am using a pair that are similar from google.
I took the bottom half apart and cut my fabric the same shape with a little room for the seam.
 (4X for the front and back)

Then I sewed the lace on and started the white ruffles once I got the curve just right with the lace.

Like a slipcover....


After leaving a hole for the wire wings to be slipped in, I sewed up the seam.  I made a lace bow and added the ribbon to tie them together.

I had been wanting to make some after seeing so many others...just more things to add to my list of  "to do's".  I always seem to make them with my own little spin, but I really like them!
 I think they turned our so pretty!  I have two more pairs that I can make so I will be looking around for places to hang some.


I love them added on the back of our office chair.  



So there ya have it...I am smitten with angel wings this year!  I hope you like them and it gives you all some ideas on how to make some of your own.



1 comment:

  1. Melanie,
    I love them. I have a set of my own and love the ones you made. So pretty on the back of your chair.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie