Tuesday, January 17, 2012


I got a new doo today....A little over four months ago, I was in the hospital fighting for my life.  I had contracted sepsis form a simple procedure two weeks after it was done.  For those of you that do not know what sepsis is, it is a blood infection that has a death rate of  60%.  I never had heard of it.  I ran a fever of 106 and swelled up to the point  that I was unrecognizable.  They had me in a medicated induced coma and on a vent for 13 days in NICU.  Strong antibiotics and an unbelieveable amount of MRI's, CT's, ultra sounds on my heart and legs...you get the picture.   When I woke up, I had missed out on two weeks of my life...all gone....nothing to remember.  My husband had been there every day with me, rooting for me, praying for me...when he came into the room after I was awake, he collapsed on the bed with me and began to cry saying that this was the happiest day of his life.   I could not move my left arm, they thought maybe that I had had a stroke.  More tests ruled that out.   Long story short...I came home, got it working and finished up in rehab, had two hair cuts, started decorating again, was finally able to enjoy being back with my little family and then my hair started falling out in handfuls!  It became so thin and limp.   For years I have had long hair that my husband absolutely loved and so did I.  I finally made the decision that it must be cut to become healthy again.  So I did it, and I colored it too.  So here I am...starting a blog, a new doo, and a new life.  What a year this has been.... 

13 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog! Yeah! I always adore your creations! Take care Darlin' Girl♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we all love you and were rooting for you every step of the way! You have so much to share and I am happy you decided to jump into blogging. So happy to have you =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie! Glad to have you along with us on this fun journey of creativity and sharing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are with us and back to your old self you scared all of us! God is Good and now it's your time to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELCOME to blogland, Melanie!!!! So happy you are joining us! I will start following you now. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, you should take the word verification OFF, it cuts down on the comments you get and it isn't necessary. Just a suggestion:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad ur here, so excited to see u blogging! see ya around blog land.......LOL, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so blessed to have all of you...thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are ok! Love your style and I plan to visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God, You are well again! What an awful scare! New Year, new beginnings, new hairdo (cute) and a new blog too! I wish you health and happiness, and happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank God you are well now Melanie !! I'm happy that you're healthy and enjoying life again !!♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG...what a horrible ordeal! I don't know you, of course, but I just found you on FB through a post by Jill Serrao. I love your style of decorating...very similar to mine. You give lots of inspiration. So thankful to God you made it through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melonie, my heart goes out to you and your dear husband. Our daughter went through the same ordeal two years ago. We thank God everyday of our lives that her life was spared. I am so grateful that yours too has been spared and that you are doing what you're doing. You are an INSPIRATION to all. Your story is so compelling and makes me love you already all the more. Thankyou for sharing this. I was impressed in the first place with your decorating. Now I am even more Wowed!

    Nann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie